Sunday, May 25, 2008

Santiago

Well, we walked into Santiago days ago. I tried to blog just after getting into town but the internet was not working for me. Jess and I walked in on a cold and wet day. this was not as we had imagined it but you cannot order the weather you want. We walked 20k the last day and stood in front of the Cathedral at about 11:30. We then went into the Cathedral for the noon mass, then got our compostelo´s and spent the remainer of the day walking the streets and celebrating with those we met. A great day all around. Jess stayed out a bit later celebrating with a few of the younger pilgrims.

The next day I took a bus to Salamanca and have been taking it easy relaxing in the plaza Mayor with Marla. Gary,Marla´s brother is walking from the south of Spain and should meet us here in a few days, Jess is walking to finestera and will also meet us mid-week.

I´ve learned a few things about myself of this trip, I am clearer about what is important to me and I think what is important for my life as a priest. I look forward to my return and to our conversations.

Enjoy the summer and I will see you all very soon,

Blessings, Michael

No comments: