Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sarria, soggy pilgrims

Jess and I are soggy pilgrims today. The last few days we walked up and over two big mountains and then walked down into the galacia valley. It has been very rainy but most days we have been able to get in our walks without being really drenched. One day we did get really wet and right in the middle of the storm we walked by a garage where an older spanish couple had set up a bar! We had wine and got to sit by their space heater to dry out.

Yesterday I was walking in the rain and after having a coffee in a bar I began to walk again thinking to myself, ¨I whould have had something to eat¨Just a few minutes later a woman came out from her home with a plate of spanish pancakes and began to give them out to the pilgrims who were walking along. It was wonderful.

Today while it rained I walked with a british woman and when I asked her what she did for a living she told me she was a professional storyteller so we told each other stories for a hour and mostly forgot about the rain.

As we keep saying of the Camino, it provides.

Now, if we could only get it to provide some sun and warmer weather!

five walking days left to Santiago!

blessings, Michael

No comments: