Thursday, May 15, 2008

Villa Franca del Bierzo

We walked all day in the rain. got so wet we could not get worse without taking off the rain gear that was keeping us a little dry on top. The walk was long and for some people jsut a little to much. An irish woman has decided to go home and is looking for a bus but it might not come today. she is very unhappy. Also ahother woman came into the refugio, looked at the fact that only top bunks were available, and she tossed her backpack to the ground in frustration.

Idealy pilgrims should be grateful for whatever hospitality is provided and for the most part that is the attitude of most of us most of the time. but at times we all have bad days when we want to feel entitled. I spend 6 euro´s on the bed, I should get the bunk I want.

this morning I was ready to hit a pilgrim with my walking stick. I was asleep in my top bunk when at 6:30 he decided that we should all get up and he turned on the overhead light hitting me right in the eyes. I thought I was seeing the bright lights of heaven or of a police interagation.

Oh, well. It was time to get up anyway and I was grateful for the nights sleep.

Buen Camino

Michael

p.s. I may not be able to post for a day or so as we go up to a small mountian village tomorrow. should be beautiful and difficult, especially if it rains like today.

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Michael, I'm glad you didn't hit the morning pilgrim. It would have made you feel worse! I finally got caught up on reading your adventures. I am so sorry to learn of Gypsy's death. I'll give Marla a call. Be well and keep on truckin'!
Bronwyn

Sheila said...

Love to you Michael and Jess! Rachel left early on the bus, it is finally Friday night and I am mostly over jet lag and had time to read your blog! What a joy to come along with you even this little bit! I have only heard from Gary on his southern route once at the very beginning. He was excited and had obtained his credential in Seville....all good with him I trust. love, Sheila